Beach

Beach

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Knowing Yourself is the Beginning of All Wisdom

Last week was the beginning of my third quarter of my masters of Global Energy Management program.  So far... I am loving it!  1- I love school (don't ask me why, but I do) and 2- this is a field I am genuinely interested in making a difference.  I am finding it a little bittersweet because nine weeks from now, I will be halfway done.  I have truly enjoyed my professors, classmates, and the material.

This quarter I am in two classes, one of which is titled Leadership and Decision-Making in the Global Energy Environment.  I have noticed that this will be a class unlike any other.  Instead of going straight for leadership and how to manage others, my professor has us take a step back and focus on getting to know ourselves first.  The concept is brilliant: you have to know yourself before you can lead those around you.

I'm not much of a bookworm- particularly fiction- and I never really had much time to read books outside of USU; however, over the last couple years, I have really enjoyed reading about history, leadership, and self-improvement.  I am currently reading How to Win Friends and Influence People.  The principles in it are very basic, but can add significant value to a person's personal and professional life- I highly recommend it!  I believe this course will add to the lessons I've learned from my personal literature.


My blog will be used as a platform to track my individual progress and insights as I move throughout the class and (hopefully) beyond.  These posts regarding my development are mainly for my own use, but for anyone who is interested, I encourage them find time to enhance their self-awareness as well.  If everyone truly understood their "True Self" and those around them, we would all be more effective communicators.  The more we know, the more potential we have to grow.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete